Hi, I am Enes Yildirim, graduate research assistant at the University of Iowa. I am currently pursuing a Ph.D in Water Resources. I obtained my Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from Cumhuriyet University, Turkey. In August 2017, I earned my master's degree in Hydraulics and Water Resources at the University of Iowa under the supervision of Professor Ibrahim Demir.My research focuses on Hydroinformatics and Geosciences topics, specically developing flood disaster informations systems, spatial data visualization, spatial databases and GIS.
Publications and Presentations
- Yildirim, Enes, Demir, I., ‘Porting Hazus on a Web-based Environment’, TBD, 2017. (in preparation)
- Demir, I., Yildirim, Enes, Sermet, Y., Sit, M.A., ‘FLOODSS: Iowa Flood Information System as a Generalized Flood Cyberinfrastructure’, The International Journal of River Basin Management, 2017. (in review)
- Yildirim, Enes ‘HAZUS-MH FLOOD LOSS ESTIMATION ON A WEB-BASED SYSTEM’, Master of Science Thesis, 2017.
- Demir, I., Yildirim, E., ‘HAZUS Flood Loss and Damage Estimation on the Web’, HAZUS Hotzone Newsletter, September Issue, 2017 (in review).
- Yildirim, Enes 'Flood Damage and Loss Estimation for Iowa on Web-based Systems using HAZUS', Lighting Talks, American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting, December 12-16, 2016, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Yildirim, Enes, Sermet, Y., Demir, I., 'Web-based Flood Damage Estimation and Emergency Management', 2017 CUAHSI Conference on Hydroinformatics, July 25-27, 2017, Tuscaloosa, AL, USA.
- Hornbuckle, B., Eichinger, B., Wallace, V., Walker, W., Yildirim, Enes, 'SOIL SURFACE ROUGHNESS OBSERVED DURING SMAPVEX16–IA AND ITS POTENTIAL CONSEQUENCES FOR SMOS AND SMAP', July 23-28, 2017, Fort Worth, TX, USA.
- Yildirim, Enes, Sermet, Y., Demir, I., ‘Flood Emergency Decision Support System and Loss Estimation on the Web using HAZUS’ The 15th Annual College of Engineering Research Open House, April 6, 2017, Iowa City, IA, USA.
- Yildirim, Enes, Sermet, Y., Demir, I., ‘Flood Loss Estimation and Decision Support Framework on the Web’ 19th Annual James F. Jakobsen Memorial Graduate Conference, March 25, 2017, Iowa City, IA, USA.
- Yildirim, Enes, Sermet, Y., Demir, I., ‘Web-based Flood Hazard Estimation and Emergency Management’, Iowa Water Conference, March 22-23, 2017, Ames, IA, USA.
- Yildirim, Enes, Demir, I., ‘Flood Emergency Decision Support System and Loss Estimation on the Web using HAZUS’, UIOWA Informatics Symposium, February 17, 2017, Iowa City, IA, USA.
- Yildirim, Enes, Sermet, Y., Demir, I., ‘Flood Damage and Loss Estimation for Iowa on Web-based Systems using HAZUS’, American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting, December 12-16, 2016, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Yildirim, Enes, Demir, I., ‘Real Time Flood Loss Estimation and Emergency Decision Support Systems on the Web’, Third International Conference on CyberGIS and Geospatial Data Science, July 26-28, 2016, Urbana, IL, USA.
- Yildirim, Enes, Demir, I., ‘Real-Time Emergency Response and Flood Loss Estimation via HAZUS-MH on the Web’, UIOWA Informatics Symposium, April 22, 2016, Iowa City, IA, USA.
Technical Publications and Reports
On the News
Writtten by: Jackie Hartling Stolze | 2016.07.29 | IOWANOW
Farmers are understandably fascinated by soil moisture—after all, nothing grows without water.
This summer, students and researchers at the Iowa Flood Center based at the University of Iowa are partnering with NASA on a research project that could help the scientific community better understand and monitor soil moisture.
The IFC is part of a team comparing data collected by the Soil Moisture Active Passive (SMAP) satellite to information gathered on the ground near Ames in the South Fork watershed, a tributary of the Iowa River. [Read more from IowaNow]
IFC graduate student Enes Yildirim working with ground instrumentation as part of the Iowa Flood Center’s collaboration with NASA.(Photo courtesy of the Iowa Flood Center)
Please feel free to contact me if you have any question regarding my research or collaboration for future studies.
Adress :IIHR-Iowa Flood Center
300 S Riverside Dr # 207
Iowa City, IA 52246